Each instructor of an Arts and Sciences Degree Program has a minimum of a master’s degree and at least eighteen graduate semester hours in his/her teaching discipline.
Career and technical education teachers are required to have at least a bachelor’s degree and/or three to five years of experience in their teaching field.
All credential decisions will be made by the departmental dean.
DSLCC Teaching Application Process (Dual Enrollment)
All applicants must submit the following information to be considered for teaching a dual enrollment class:
- Complete the Commonwealth of Virginia State Applications according to the software on your computer:
VA State Application Requires Microsoft Word 7.0 Format
Application can be saved to your computer.
- Current Resume
- Official College transcripts
- Complete forms
How to submit grades
Required Course Material:
Required course material
Semester responsibilities of instructors
- Course of study/syllabus- please email these to my attention early in the semester.
- Student course evaluations-I will provide you with the necessary student evaluation forms at the end of the semester. Full instructions will be included in the packet.
- Entering of semester grades-It is the instructor’s responsibility to enter grades into our system. I will provide you with written and video instructions later in the semester.
Occasional responsibilities of instructors (REQUIRED first year that a course is taught-- Thereafter, as needed.)
- Course portfolio- for this year we will need a portfolio for each class. This portfolio will consist of examples of the major assessments for the class. Some Examples:
- If you generally give exams in your classes, your portfolio will consist of the MAJOR exam(s) and the assessment scale. If the final is comprehensive, a copy of the final is sufficient. If the final is NOT comprehensive, the major exams will be sufficient. (maybe the 6 week or chapter exams) We do NOT need every graded item-be selective.
- If you are teaching a class where writing is the predominant evaluative criteria (ENGLISH) we will need the following:
- Sample assignment sheets and evaluative rubrics. Not every paper … be selective.
- We will need 1 or 2 student’s complete portfolio showing all of the major work completed during the semester.
- For one or two assignments representative sample work of A’s, B’s and C’s. One or two students work for each is acceptable. Names can be redacted.