Respondus LockDown Browser (RLB) Assistance
Respondus LockDown Browser (RLB)
Creates a “locked” testing environment for Blackboard.
Respondus LockDown Browser is a client application that is installed to a local computer. It provides a custom interface for the Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (Macintosh) software that is already installed on the computer. It does not modify an existing copy of Internet Explorer or Safari, but rather, installs a separate program that will display the custom browser when it is started. Respondus LockDown Browser uses the same security features and service packs that are currently installed for Internet Explorer or Safari. Installing Respondus LockDown Browser won't modify the current version of Internet Explorer or Safari in any way.
Respondus LockDown Browser creates a “locked” testing environment for Blackboard.
Respondus LockDown Browser is not intended to replace the browser used by faculty or students within Blackboard. Responds LockDown Browser is only intended for use by students while taking assessments that have been prepared for use with Responds LockDown Browser. This browser has not been tested for use in other areas of the Blackboard Learning System.
Computer requirements for Windows:
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher (configured to the minimum requirements for the Bb)
- 3MB of permanent space on the hard drive
Computer requirements for Mac:
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher
- Safari browser (configured to the minimum requirements for the Bb)
- 2MB of permanent hard drive space
Mobile Devices: Users cannot take tests that use Respondus LockDown Browser on their mobile devices.
Installation of Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser uses a standard Windows or Macintosh installer that can be downloaded by faculty or students from the following link (note: this link is unique for your institution):
Installation of LDB - Windows
- Start your Windows computer
- Confirm that a supported version of Internet Explorer is installed to your computer. This is accomplished by doing the following:
- Start Internet Explorer (if you are unsure how to do this, click the "Start" button in Windows, click "Programs," select "Internet Explorer")
- Select "Help" from the menu bar in Internet Explorer and then select "About Internet Explorer" to make sure the version is 5.5 or higher. (If you are running an older version of Internet Explorer, you must upgrade before proceeding with Step 3.)
- Install the Respondus LockDown Browser software by going to the link below. You will need to answer "Yes" to accept programs from Macrovision (InstallShield) and Respondus (the browser).
Warning: you must use Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher to install the Windows version of Respondus LockDown Browser. Other browsers such as Firefox will not work.
Install from server
- Following the installation, start Respondus LockDown Browser using either the shortcut that appears on the Windows desktop or by clicking the "Start" button in Windows, selecting "Programs," selecting "Respondus" and then choosing "LockDown Browser."
Installation of LDB - Macintosh
- Start the Macintosh computer (requires OSX 10.3.9 or higher, with 512 MB of RAM).
- Install the Macintosh version of Respondus LockDown Browser using the link below. You may need to answer "Yes" to running the Java application before the next page appears.
Install from server
IMPORTANT You may not be able to install the software as downloaded without changing the Security and Privacy settings in your System Preferences. For specific instructions on how to do that, please follow this link from Apple on opening an app from an unidentified developer.
- Following the installation, start Respondus LockDown Browser by clicking "Applications" and selecting "LockDown Browser"