About Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
Dabney S. Lancaster Community College (DSLCC) is a two-year public institution of higher education and one of 23 community colleges in Virginia. The college is supported by the Commonwealth of Virginia; the counties of Alleghany, Bath, Botetourt (northern portion) and Rockbridge; the cities of Buena Vista, Covington, and Lexington; and the town of Clifton Forge.
DSLCC provides opportunities for the extension of knowledge, skills and personal enrichment in an environment that maintains high academic standards and respect for each individual. The college strives to keep programs and services financially and geographically accessible for all students.
Credit and non credit courses are offered to meet life-long learning needs. On-site and distance learning options incorporate up-to-date technologies. Academic advising, mentoring, tutoring, extracurricular activities and cultural experiences are offered to assist all students in achieving their potential and in making the best educational and occupational choices that they can toward the fulfillment of their personal goals.
The College serves the diverse needs of the community. Each year, DSLCC sponsors a wide array of cultural events, offers educational and training programs that address changing workforce demands, and provides facilities for research, recreation and social interaction. Working closely with representatives of business and industry, government, various professions and other educational institutions, DSLCC prepares individuals to experience academic, career and personal success.
- Student/Faculty Ratio (Fall 12): 13:1
- Annual Enrollment 2012-2013: 2,059
- Annualized FTEs 2012-2013: 811
- Number of full-time employees (Fall 2012): 69
- Number of part-time employees (Fall 2012): 121
- Five –Year average of graduates (2008/09 – 2012/13): 166
- Average student age (Fall 2013): 23
- Median student age (Fall 2013): 19
- Average class size (Fall 2013): 12.9
- Total degrees: 10 (plus 3 specializations)
- Total certificates and career studies certificates: 27
- Support Services/Activities: Academic preparation by tutoring, advising, job placement assistance, and student organizations.
- Housing: Off-campus, affordable options available to students.