Faculty Development Grant
Through a gift from Mr. and Mrs. Jack A. Hammond, Sr., in memory of Mr. Hammond’s parents, the Dabney S. Lancaster Community College Educational Foundation has established the Mr. & Mrs. W. B. Hammond, Sr. Faculty International Development Grant.
The FDG is a unique professional development opportunity enabling current, full-time teaching faculty at DSLCC to enhance and broaden their expertise through international or domestic educational travel experiences* The purpose of the travel is to provide a concentrated practicum focused on one or more areas of expertise. Faculty will utilize the knowledge and skills learned during their experience to broaden and internationalize their curriculum at DSLCC.
*Preference is given to international travel.
- Must be a currently employed member of the full-time teaching and, in some cases, administrative faculty with at least one full year of full-time service at DSLCC at the time of travel
- Develop and present to the College and/or the community, a program regarding the experience within six months of return
- Must continue as a full-time faculty member for two years after receipt of the grant. For each year or part of a year not in service to the College, 50 percent (50%) of the grant must be repaid.
- Must complete and submit grant application by December 1st, annually (if no award has been made by the deadline, applications may still be accepted)
- Documentation of travel costs must be submitted by December 1st of the year in which the travel takes place
Please note that the grant may not be awarded every year.
For more information, contact the DSLCC Educational Foundation Office by phone at 540-863-2835 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.